FOSS4G Academic Program Timetable and Future Events
For participants in the FOSS4G 2017 Academic Track: We’ve conducted a review of submitted abstracts under a double-blind process, described in a blog post.
Now, we want to provide information for participants on the process ahead.
- Late January
- Call for Abstracts opened
- March 21, 2017
- Call for Abstracts closed. In total, 49 abstracts were received under the Academic Program.
- April 18, 2017
- Abstracts were assigned to the volunteers of the Academic Committee. Each volunteer reviewed 7 abstracts.
- April 27, 2017
- Final decisions were given to authors on the status of their abstract in the Academic Program: Accept Oral, Accept Poster, or Reject
- May 28, 2017
- Completed academic papers and posters for FOSS4G Proceedings are due. Templates for formatting are provided below.
Information on the medium in which to submit your paper will be provided shortly. Keep an eye on blog posts and on your email.
Paper Templates for Formatting
- Mid June
- Each Academic Program Committee member will be assigned 4-5 papers or posters to review and provide comments. Papers and posters will be reviewed with two goals in mind:
- Quality for the conference proceedings - any recommended edits will be forwarded to the authors
- Recommendations for the "top tier" papers for possible publication for a special issue of a journal (not yet finalized)
- We will be using a paper review management system from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst to manage the review process.
Reviewer comments for the authors are due by the last week of June.
- Early July
- Authors will be notified of the reviewer's comments. They will then be asked to make revisions and edits for inclusion in the conference proceedings.
- Late July/Early August
- Conference proceedings will be finalized that will include both papers and posters.
- Conference proceedings will be published on the OSGeo Journal Website.